DALLAS — Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) announced the Points for a Purpose Holiday Promotion offering Rapid Rewards® Members a special incentive to increase their giving impact by donating to select nonprofits starting Dec. 1, 2023, and running through Dec. 14, 2023. This promotion allows Customers to donate cash to one of the airline's nonprofit partners while earning points—Customers can earn 10 Rapid Rewards points for every dollar* donated, and Southwest® will match the number of points in the nonprofit's account.
Members can learn more by visiting Southwest.com/points-for-purpose. The following categories and nonprofits are included in this promotion:
- Honor Flight Network: Celebrates America's veterans by inviting them to share in a day of honor at the nation's memorials.
- Make-A-Wish: Creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Canine Companions for Independence: Provides the gift of independence to children, adults, and veterans with disabilities through expertly trained service dogs.
- Guide Dogs of America l Tender Loving Canines: Transforms lives through partnerships with service dogs.
- Asian Pacific Islander American Scholars (APIA): Increases access to higher education for APIA students through scholarships, programs, research, advocacy, and partnerships.
- Hispanic Heritage Foundation: Focuses on education, workforce, social impact, and innovation through the lens of cultural leadership.
Human Trafficking Awareness
- Rescue America: Exists to rescue, revive, and empower the sexually exploited through a 24/7 hotline and emergency response.
Disaster and Crisis Response
- Airlink: Works with aviation and logistics partners to provide free transport and logistical solutions to a network of over 200 NGOs responding to rapid-onset disasters and other humanitarian crises around the globe.
- American Red Cross: Prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
- Team Rubicon: Mobilizes veterans to serve global communities before, during, and after disasters and crises.
"This promotion is an opportunity for us to partner with our Customers and Employees in support of nonprofit organizations that are making a difference," said Laurie Barnett, Vice President Corporate Reputation at Southwest Airlines. "We know our Customers love the Rapid Rewards Program and the holidays are a great time to put purpose behind giving."
Southwest Airlines® invests in community partnerships that drive community impact. Through the Points for a Purpose Program, Customers can donate their Rapid Rewards points yearlong to nonprofit partners to support mission-related travel needs for life-changing transportation, mental health and wellbeing, education, human trafficking awareness, and disaster and crisis response. Southwest applauds these organizations and their relentless commitment to serving its communities. For more about Southwest's corporate responsibility efforts, visit Southwest.com/communityoutreach.
*Rapid Rewards account information required. Points will be reflected in your Rapid Rewards account within 45 days after a donation has been made. Maximum earn limit of 10,000 points. Rapid Rewards bonus points do not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Valid 12/1 – 12/14/2023. All Rapid Rewards rules/regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms.
ABOUT SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO.
Southwest Airlines Co. operates one of the world's most admired and awarded airlines, offering its one-of-a-kind value and Hospitality at 121 airports across 11 countries. Southwest took flight in 1971 to democratize the sky through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel and now carries more air travelers flying nonstop within the United States than any other airline1. Based in Dallas and famous for an Employee-first corporate Culture, Southwest maintains an unprecedented record of no involuntary furloughs or layoffs in its history. By empowering its more than 74,0002 People to deliver unparalleled Hospitality, the maverick airline cherishes a passionate loyalty among more than 126 million Customers carried in 2022. That formula for success brought industry-leading prosperity and 47 consecutive years3 of profitability for Southwest Shareholders (NYSE: LUV). Southwest leverages a unique legacy and mission to serve communities around the world including harnessing the power of its People and Purpose to put communities at the Heart of its success. Learn more by visiting Southwest.com/citizenship. As the airline with Heart, Southwest has set a goal to work toward achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050. Southwest has also set near-term targets and a three-pillar strategy to achieve its environmental goals. Learn more by visiting Southwest.com/planet.
1. Based on U.S. Dept. of Transportation quarterly Airline Origin & Destination Survey since Q1 2021
2. Fulltime-equivalent active Employees
3. 1973-2019 annual profitability
Visit the Southwest Newsroom at swamedia.com for multimedia assets and other Company news.
Media Relations Team: 214-792-4847, option 1
# # #