Awards & Recognition
2020 AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Southwest Airlines Named USA TODAY’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Award (2020)
- Southwest Airlines has received USA TODAY’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Award. Travel experts select the top 20 nominees in contests covering food, lodging, destinations, travel gear, things to do...
- Southwest Airlines Named As A Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation (2020)
- Southwest Airlines has received a rating of 100 from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation on the 2020 Corporate Equality Index, which earns Southwest the distinction of being a "Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality." The Corporate Equality Index (CEI) is a national benchmarking survey, reporting on corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality, administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
2019 AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Southwest Ranked No. 1 by JD Power Website Satisfaction Studies (2019)
- Southwest Airlines earned JD Power’s 2019 No.1 Ranking for Southwest.com in customer satisfaction with airline travel websites. Over the last year, Southwest has made several successful digital enhancements to Southwest.com, and the mobile app to improve the Customer Experience, while offering the award-winning Rapid Rewards program, Customer-friendly policies, and low fares.
- Southwest Airlines Named one of the top 20 businesses leading conservation efforts in Texas by Texan by Nature (2019)
- Texan by Nature named Southwest Airlines one of the top 20 businesses leading conservation efforts. The award seeks to recognize Texas-based businesses that are creating innovative paths in conservation through investment, volunteerism, measurement and reporting of spending and impact on conversation efforts, and employee engagement.
- Southwest Named a Top 100 Internship Program by WayUp (2019)
- In honor of National Intern Day, Southwest was named a Top 100 Internship Program by WayUp. High School and College Interns have the unique opportunity to attend career development classes and events during the work day that will help develop the skills needed to succeed in the professional world.
- Southwest Ranked No. 3 on the list of Top-Rated Workplaces in 2019 by Indeed
- After analyzing 100 million employee reviews, Indeed ranked Southwest Airlines no. 3 on the list of Top-Rated Workplaces in 2019. Current and former employees reviewed Southwest positively for its competitive pay, flexible work schedule, and fun, supportive environment.
- Southwest Airlines Named a Best Employer for Women 2019 by Forbes
- Forbes named Southwest a Best Employer for Women in 2019. Forbes teamed up with Statista and compiled this list by surveying 60,000 Americans, including 40,000 women, to identify the companies liked most by female workers.
- Southwest Received Highest Ranking Low-Cost Carrier for Customer satisfaction for the third year in a row in the J.D. Power 2019 North America Satisfaction Study
- For the third consecutive year, Southwest Airlines ranked highest for low-cost carriers in the 2019 J.D. Power North America Satisfaction Study. The J.D. Power Ranking measures passenger satisfaction based on seven factors- in-flight services; aircraft; boarding/deplaning/baggage; flight crew; check-in; and reservation.
- Southwest Airlines Named as one of Military Time’s Best For Vets: Employers 2019
- Military Times named Southwest to the 2019 Best for Vets: Employers ranking. The ranking was produced after Southwest provided data on its culture, recruiting, policies, and resources related to veterans, service members, and their families.
- Southwest Recognized by Our Friends Place as a 2019 Ebby Award Recipient for achievements for the advancement of girls and/or women in North Texas
- Southwest Airlines was recognized by Our Friends Place as a 2019 Ebby Award Recipient. “For more than 40 years, Southwest has connected people and championed communities around the country, including the North Texas region,” said Laura Nieto, Director of Community Outreach. “Our work to support the advancement of young girls and women in this area is important to us and we are grateful to share this recognition with so many other deserving recipients.”
- Southwest Airlines Won The 2019 Airfinance Journal's Airline Of The Year Award
- It is a recognition for the best Return on Total Capital: Invested Capital, Aircraft, and Employees. Airfinance Journal selects its Airline of the Year on a 100 percent objective and quantitative basis using data from the Airline Analyst. The parameter used is Return on Total Capital.
- Southwest Airlines’ Rapid Rewards Recognized as 2019 Program of the Year and Three Other Top Freddie Awards
- This year, Rapid Rewards received Program of the Year, Best Customer Service, Best Loyalty Credit Card, and Best Airline Redemption Ability.
- Southwest Airlines's frequent flyer program, Rapid Rewards®, held onto its title of Best Customer Service for the seventh consecutive year at InsideFlyer Magazine's Freddie Awards. Rapid Rewards was also named Program of the Year for the fourth year in a row.
- "We are thrilled to win in four categories at this year's Freddie Awards," said Jonathan Clarkson, Southwest's Managing Director of Loyalty, Partnerships, & Products. "Our Loyalty Program is designed with some of the most flexibility, seat availability, and places to travel. Ensuring the satisfaction of our Customers is at the forefront of any decision we make at Southwest.”
- Southwest Airlines Wins Five 2019 TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Awards
- Southwest Airlines has been recognized by TripAdvisor as a winner of five awards in the 2019 TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice™ awards for airlines. The carrier ranks sixth in the Top Ten Airline World category for the second year in a row and was chosen for four other honors. TripAdvisor highlights the world's top carriers annually based on the quantity and quality of traveler reviews and ratings gathered over a 12-month period.
- "We are truly honored to win four TripAdvisor awards. Connecting People to what's important in their lives, with low fares, world-renowned Hospitality, and Customer-friendly policies are what fuel our passion," said Ryan Green, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at Southwest Airlines.
- Southwest also won Best Low Cost Airline North America, Best Airline North America, Best Airline United States and Best Economy North America.
For Journalists Seeking
Answers to Questions
Phone 214-792-4847, Opt. 1
Email email@example.comAdditional Contacts