Southwest Airlines Celebrates Valentine’s Day all Month Long
Southwest Airlines® is celebrating Valentine's Day all month long. As the LUV airline, with a Heart as its logo, the carrier is giving its Employees and Customers ample opportunities to celebrate.
Quote from Whitney:
"We are the airline with Heart, and we love to celebrate the moments and people that matter in our Employees' and Customers' lives," said Whitney Eichinger, Senior Vice President Culture & Communications for Southwest Airlines. "Whether that be giving the gift of travel, helping Customers earn Rapid Rewards points with flowers and wine, or even bringing that extra added touch at the airports and inflight, we're here to celebrate this holiday all month long."
Earn Points While Shopping for that Special Someone
Valentine's Day is just around the corner and Southwest® is giving its Rapid Rewards® Members a little something extra while shopping for that special someone. Visit Southwest.com to view full offers and terms & conditions.
- 1-800-Flowers®: Stop and smell the rewards—Earn 1,500 Rapid Rewards bonus points. Earn on orders of $34.99 or more* from 1-800-Flowers with promo code SW17. (Minimum purchase $34.99. Limit 5 per Customer and code.)
- Laithwaites: Raise a toast to 3,000 bonus points. Fall in love with six top-rated wines—plus two BONUS bottles of Rosé Prosecco and two glasses—ONLY $49.99 with free shipping.
- Rapid Rewards Dining®:
- Hungry for 1,000 bonus points? Join Rapid Rewards Dining, dine at a participating restaurant, complete an online review, and earn 1,000 bonus points.
- Existing Members, savor even more rewards. Members who opt-in for emails from Rapid Rewards Dining earn 3X Rapid Rewards points per dollar at participating restaurants and bars.
- Harry & David®: Appeteasers for a love-filled day. Get 1,500 bonus points for every order of $29.99 or more at Harry & David with promo code SW44.
- Rapid Rewards Shopping®: Get them what they want, what they really, really want. Turn purchases into points when you shop at over 850+ online stores through Rapid Rewards Shopping.
Southwest super-fans can purchase their Valentine's Day merchandise at Southwest the Store.
Love is in the fare—Plan a Romantic Getaway
Customers can take advantage of Southwest's sale by booking now through Feb. 23, 2023, for travel from March 7 through March 17.
Whether planning a staycation or vacation, Rapid Rewards Members can earn additional points on hotels, rental cars, and more! Visit Southwest.com to view full offers and terms & conditions.
- Hotels: This will woo you—double your points overnight. Earn 2 points per $1 spent on select rooms booked before Feb. 28, 2023, and checking out on or before Sept. 11, 2023.
- Rental Cars: Accelerate your romantic getaway with up to 2,400 points. Earn up to 2,400 bonus points and save up to 30% when you rent a car from Budget. Offer is valid through Feb. 28, 2023, on qualifying rentals at participating Budget airport locations in the United States.
Exclusive Getaway Events for Southwest Rapid Rewards™ Credit Cardmembers
While earning points is fun, so is spending them! Rapid Rewards Credit Cardmembers can redeem their Rapid Rewards points for exclusive Rapid Rewards Access Events, giving them access to intimate concerts and packages such as wine tasting, destination getaways, and more! Visit Southwest.com/RRAE to learn more.
- Miami Beach VIP Getaway: Feb. 26 – March 1
- Private Concert with American Authors: March 15 in San Diego, Calif.
- VIP Costa Rica Experience: April 20 – April 23
- VIP Kiawah Island Golf Resort®: May 21 – May 23 in Kiawah Island, S.C.
Free Drink on Valentine's Day and Romance Movies Onboard
LUV is in the air, literally! Celebrate Valentine's Day all month with romcom favorites picked by Southwest's Flight Attendants on the Inflight Entertainment Portal. On Valentine's Day, Customers 21 years of age and older can also enjoy one free premium drink, including the new ready-to-drink coffee beverage, onboard their flight (limit one per Customer while supplies last).
"Romance our Flight Attendants Love" movie collection on the Inflight Entertainment Portal:
- 50 First Dates
- Crazy Rich Asians
- Crazy, Stupid, Love
- Dirty Dancing
- Love & Basketball
- Mamma Mia!
- Me Before You
- P.S. I Love You
- The Notebook
- Ticket to Paradise
- When Harry Met Sally
- You've Got Mail
Celebrate with Southwest Employees
Southwest celebrates the love-holiday with its Employees and Customers. Employees are encouraged to plan local celebrations and provided a number of resources available through its internal Celebrate with Heart program. Resources include station decorations, photo frames, props, and much more as a way to engage Employees across the Company.
Valentine's Day is a signature holiday at Southwest Airlines and another opportunity to elevate how we share our Heart and Hospitality with Customers and Cohearts. From Feb. 1 through Feb. 14, uniformed Employees are encouraged to wear Valentine's-themed accessories with their full regulation uniform to help create a lighthearted and welcoming environment. To help set the mood on the aircraft and make a memorable travel experience for our Customers, Flight Attendants don festive holiday accessories like ties, aprons, nail art/color, scarves, socks, jewelry, headbands, barrettes, and clips.
The celebration continues with its annual Heroes of the Heart recognition announcement. Colleen Barrett, Southwest's President Emeritus, started Heroes of the Heart in 1993 as a way to honor an outstanding behind-the-scenes workgroup. The recipients of this annual accolade are revealed each February, and this year the tradition continues! Congrats to the People Department, Southwest's 2023 Heroes of the Heart recipients! The People Department will have their name emblazoned on an aircraft for the year and enjoy a recognition event in March.
# # #