Southwest Airlines’ Employees Deliver Outstanding Independence Day Holiday Operational Performance
Southwest Airlines is dedicated to providing a safe, reliable travel experience for our Customers throughout the year. Of course, we also know that holiday periods give us a terrific opportunity to demonstrate our legendary Southwest Hospitality to hundreds of thousands of Customers when they choose us for their travel plans.
With this in mind, over the Independence Day holiday period, our Employees delivered an excellent product to our Customers and each other.
Here are a few of the highlights of Southwest's performance from Thursday, June 30 through Monday, July 4:
- Southwest operated more than 18,800 flights across our network.
- Southwest Employees welcomed more than 1.8 million Customers.
- The Southwest Team achieved a flight completion factor of approximately 99.7% accomplishing our mission of connecting People to what is important in their lives.
- On-time performance on July 4 was above 92% -- representing our best Independence Day holiday performance in more than five years.
- Summer cancellations are trending well below 2020 and 2019 levels.
- With approximately 50 cancellations (out of more than 18,800 flights) posted for the four-day holiday period, our 0.3% cancellation rate represents the lowest cancel rate during this holiday period in more than five years.
- Southwest's call wait times were approximately two minutes allowing Customers to receive assistance quickly, if needed.
"I'm immensely proud of our Team for delivering exceptional Southwest Hospitality to our Customers over the busy Independence Day holiday," said Mike Van de Ven, President and Chief Operating Officer. "We've been focused on aligning our staffing and flight schedule to deliver reliable performance, and Southwest Employees executed on our operational strategy with excellence. As always, we appreciate Customers choosing to fly with Southwest Airlines as part of their summer and holiday travel plans."
# # #