Southwest Airlines Returns to Normal Operations
Southwest Airlines is operating our normal schedule on Friday, Dec. 30. We appreciate the dedicated work of the Southwest Team to restore our schedule, and we anticipate minimal disruptions for the weekend.
Once again, we value the continued patience and support of our valued Customers, and we apologize for the inconveniences of the past week. If needed, we offer several methods for Customers to seek support from us:
Customers affected through the operational disruption can find additional assistance at: https://www.southwest.com/traveldisruption/.
Those specifically needing assistance reuniting with baggage can find information here: https://www.southwest.com/baginfo/
We look forward to the opportunity to address any needs of our Customers over the coming days as we strive to return to our previous level of Southwest Hospitality and reliability.
CEO Bob Jordan Interview | ABC News: Good Morning America
CEO Bob Jordan’s interview on Good Morning America, Friday, Dec. 30, highlighted latest updates as Southwest Airlines returned to normal operations.
- We're making investments in our operational areas. Like always, there'll be lessons learned from this and we'll continue to make more investments.
- There's no greater focus beyond safety than taking care of our customers. We're offering refunds, covering expenses. We'll be going back out with even more after that.
- Our desire is to go above and beyond. We always take care of our customers. That's our 51 year history here. Southwest Airlines will be looking at and taking care of things like rental cars, hotel rooms, meals, booking customers on other airlines sold. That will all be part of what we're covering here as we reimburse our customers and make good on this issue.
- This has impacted so many people, so many customers over the holidays. It's impacted our employees. And I'm extremely sorry for that. There's just no way almost to apologize enough, because we love our customers, we love our people, and we really impacted their plans.
- We already had a great plan to invest in tools and technology and processes, as we always do, but there'll be a lot of lessons learned in terms of what we can do to make sure that this never happens again because this needs to never happen again.