Southwest Airlines Reaches Three Million Facebook Fans
Airline Offers Fans an Amazing Deal to Celebrate!
The LUV airline is easy to LIKE! Southwest Airlines is celebrating the Three Million Fan milestone with a special discount offer and a signature "concept" plane dedicated to our fans! Southwest Airlines was the first airline to reach a million Facebook Fans back in 2010, and now is the first airline worldwide to amass three million Facebook Fans!
And while there are a million ways to celebrate, we've decided to offer our fans a special discount available today only! Fans can get 50 percent off a roundtrip Wanna Get Away Fare simply by using the promotion code: LUV2LIKE. This promotion code is good through Aug. 3, 2012, 11:59 p.m. PDT and is available for travel 9/5, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25, 10/2, 10/31, and 11/6/12 (seats limited, and some exclusions may apply). Customers can learn all the details and use the promo code only at http://www.southwest.com/html/promotions/fs-3million-likes.html.
We've also had a little FUN in creating a rendering of our own "concept" Facebook aircraft paint scheme. We thought our Facebook Fans would particularly "like" to fly on Southwest's Facebook One. The artwork for Facebook One can be found at www.blogsouthwest.com.
"For more than five years, we've been actively involved in social media as a way to join the conversation with our Customers," says Linda Rutherford, Southwest Airlines Vice President of Communication and Strategic Outreach. "We are interacting with our Customers and Fans every day and appreciate and celebrate this milestone with them. Here's to reaching ten million Fans someday!"
Terms & Conditions
- The multi-use discount code is required to be used in the Promo Code box in order to receive 50% discount on the valid travel dates listed below.
- 50% discount is valid for up to eight Customers on a single reservation and is only valid if purchase is made on southwest.com or SWABIZ.com.
- Discount is valid only on new reservations and purchase must be made by 11:59pm PDT August 3, 2012 for travel on 9/5, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25, 10/2, 10/31, or 11/6/12.
- 50% discount code is valid for the Wanna Get Away Fares only and is applied before taxes and fees.
- Roundtrip Required.
- Discount will apply only on the valid travel dates. If one direction of the trip is outside the valid dates and one is within the valid travel dates, only the portion of travel falling within sale dates will be discounted.
- To obtain discount on existing reservations meeting all requirements of this discount offer, the reservation must be cancelled and a new reservation booked using the discount code (fare rules apply).
- The discount is only valid with the provided Promotion Code and is not combinable with other Promotion Codes or fares available exclusively through the web tool DING!
- Discount is not valid on reservations made using Rapid Rewards points.
- Discount is not valid on Jackpot or Southwest Vacation package deals.
- Changes made to the itinerary after purchase will eliminate qualifications for this promotion.
ABOUT SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO.
In its 42nd year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) continues to differentiate itself from other low-fare carriers by providing a reliable product with exemplary Customer Service. Including wholly owned subsidiary AirTran Airways, the Company now serves 103 destinations in 41 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, six near-international countries, and employs more than 46,000 People.
Visit southwest.com/citizenship to read the Southwest Airlines One Report™ and see how Southwest is doing its part to be a good citizen while underscoring a commitment to the triple bottom line of Performance, People, and Planet.
Southwest Airlines, one of the most honored airlines in the world, is the nation's largest carrier in terms of originating domestic passengers boarded. Southwest currently operates more than 3,400 flights a day and serves the communities around 74 airports in Southwest's network of domestic destinations. To book a flight, visit southwest.com.
AirTran Airways, a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines Co., has been ranked the top airline in the Airline Quality Rating study three times in the past five years. AirTran offers coast-to-coast and near-international service with nearly 700 flights a day on North America's newest all-Boeing fleet. The airline's low-cost, high-quality product also includes assigned seating and Business Class. To book a flight, visit airtran.com.
SOURCE Southwest Airlines