Southwest Offers Systemwide Discount Airfares as Low as $39 One-Way
The leaves will soon be falling and so will Southwest's fares! Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) is offering a systemwide fall sale with Internet-only fares as low as $39 one-way with a 14-day advance purchase.
"Southwest is offering great fares from coast-to-coast. If our Customers want to jet from Philly to Hartford to see the fall foliage, or if they would like to make a trip from Chicago to Seattle to catch a Seahawks game, Southwest can get them there with a really low fare," said Joyce Rogge, Southwest's senior vice president of marketing. "Our fares are low and with 2,800 flights each day, our Customers have 59 destinations to choose from."
Fares range from $39 to $149 one-way and vary by destination and day of travel. The following are examples of the fares. To book the fare specials available at southwest.com go to: http://www.southwest.com/jp/luvhome.shtml?src=PR_Inetsale_0919
* $39 one-way fares are available between Philadelphia and Hartford, between Las Vegas and Los Angeles, and between Los Angeles and Oakland.
* $59 one-way fares are available between Orlando and Baltimore/Washington, between Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood and Baltimore/Washington, and between Cleveland and Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood.
* $92 one-way fares are available between Baltimore/Washington and Chicago Midway.
* $99 one-way fares are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays between Houston Hobby and Oakland. $139 one-way fares are available Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays between Houston Hobby and Oakland.
* $104 one-way fares are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays between Detroit Metro and Phoenix. $139 one-way fares are available Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays between Detroit Metro and Phoenix.
* $109 one-way fares are available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays between Chicago Midway and Seattle/Tacoma. $149 one-way fares are available Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays between Chicago Midway and Seattle/Tacoma.
Fares are available one-way and are combinable with all other fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare's rules apply. The fares, except Baltimore/Washington fares, are available for purchase today through Oct. 21, 2004, and are valid for travel from Oct. 3, 2004, through the end of Southwest's published schedule (currently Jan. 14, 2005). Baltimore/Washington fares are available for purchase today through Sept. 27, 2004, and are valid for travel from Oct. 3, 2004 through the end of Southwest's published schedule (currently Jan. 14, 2005). Tickets must be purchased at least 14 days before departure. Seats are limited. Fares may vary by flight and day of week and will not be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times. Fares do not include a $3.10 federal segment tax per takeoff and landing. Fares do not include airport-assessed passenger facility charges (PFC) of up to $9 one-way and U.S. government- imposed September 11th Security Fees of up to $5 one-way. Fares are subject to change until ticketed. Tickets are nonrefundable but may be applied toward the purchase of future travel on Southwest Airlines. Fares are valid on published, scheduled service only and are not available through the Group Desk. Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Fares are not necessarily common rated in Houston, the Bay Area, or the Los Angeles Basin. Orange County's John Wayne Airport is not included in this sale.
Customers who book their travel via the Internet can subscribe to Southwest's Click 'n Save e-mail updates. The weekly updates deliver the airline's latest fare sale information right to the Customer's e-mail "in" box. For more information, visit http://www.southwest.com/email .