Southwest Airlines Gives Customers Some Summer Luvin'; Airline Adds Flights to Customers' Favorite Destinations
Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) Chief Executive Officer Gary Kelly today announced plans to enhance existing nonstop flights in several Southwest Airlines markets. In two summer installments, the airline will add new nonstop flights in the following cities: Baltimore/Washington, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood, Las Vegas, Long Island/Islip, Oakland, Orlando, Philadelphia, Raleigh-Durham, San Diego, Tampa Bay, and West Palm Beach. To take advantage of this new Southwest Airlines service and super low fares, visit:
"With the delivery of new aircraft, Southwest Airlines continues to add new nonstop service to our Customers' favorite destinations," said Kelly. "Southwest Airlines is adding service to meet high Customer demand and to give our Customers more flight options when traveling."
The 11 additional flights break down as follows:
Beginning July 17, 2005:
* Two additional daily nonstop flights between Las Vegas and San Diego (for a total of 14 daily).
* One additional daily nonstop flight between Las Vegas and Oakland (for a total of 13 daily).
* One additional daily nonstop flight between San Diego and Oakland (for a total of 18 daily).
* One additional daily nonstop flight between Philadelphia and Orlando (for a total of six daily).
* One additional daily nonstop flight between Philadelphia and Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood (for a total of three daily).
Beginning September 6, 2005:
* One additional daily nonstop flight between Long Island/Islip and Tampa Bay (for a total of three daily).
* One additional daily nonstop flight between Long Island/Islip and Orlando (for a total of five daily).
* One additional daily nonstop flight between Long Island/Islip and West Palm Beach (for a total of three daily).
* One additional daily nonstop flight between Baltimore/Washington and Tampa Bay (for a total of six daily).
* One additional daily nonstop flight between Raleigh-Durham and Orlando (for a total of three daily).
Southwest Airlines, the nation's largest airline in terms of domestic Customers boarded, currently serves 59 cities in 31 states. Based in Dallas, Southwest Airlines currently operates more than 2,900 flights a day. The carrier will begin service to Pittsburgh on May 4, 2005.
Customers who book their travel via the Internet can subscribe to Southwest Airline's Click 'n Save e-mail updates, as well as Southwest Airline's newest technological innovation, DING!, which delivers Southwest Airline's hottest deals directly to Customers' desktops allowing them to get a jump on the latest southwest.com sales! For more information, visit http://www.southwest.com/ding .
SOURCE Southwest Airlines
CONTACT: media, Public Relations, +1-214-792-4847, or Customers, +1-800-I-FLY-SWA, or +1-800-435-9792, or en espanol, +1-800-VAMONOS, or +1-800-826-6667, all of Southwest Airlines
Photo: NewsCom: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040715/DATH028-a
Web site: http://www.southwest.com